Pages

Dec 27, 2006

First day back at work after the long Xmas - holiday weekend. On my way to the office , I stopped at the Timothy's www.timothys.ca . The girl serving coffee was in a happy mood and wanted to talk a bit. She asked me how was my Christmas, I smiled and said it was great. I didn't want to tell her that I don't celebrate Christmas. Maybe this way she will be able to enjoy her moment. I asked her how she celebrated Christmas. She told me she doesn't celebrate Christmas. Then she told me she is Jehovah Witness. I said that I thought all Christians celebrated Christmas. She said no, Jehovah Witness don't. She said they don't believe in celebrating and also they believe Jesus was born on October. They observe his death which they believe is the April 4th.

I have to call her the Jehovah Witness girl, because I was so involve in the conversation I forgot to get her name. I told her I don't celebrate Christmas too ,that I am Muslim. Manju is Muslim she said. Monju is the boy that also serves coffee. Moanju came to the milk/sugar area to clean up. I said you are Muslim Monju, "Assalamu Alaikum". He had this huge grin on his face . Walaikum Assalam and started to bow slightly with respect.

Manju said he is Mohamed. Mohamed has lots of passion for his job, always smiles at everyone. He must be in his late teens or early 20's. He said he also is celebrating Eid on Dec 31st. He is from Bangladesh. I hope one day Allah helps him and he will own his own Timothy's World Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment