Pages

Feb 11, 2010

My communications with Randall Butisingh..(worlds’ oldest BLOGGER )

Randall Butisingh is the worlds’ oldest BLOGGER at 97 years. He grew up in Buxton, East Coast Demerara, Guyana. http://randallbutisingh.wordpress.com/about/  .





March 27, 2008
Dear Mr.Butisingh,

I found your blog today and have been reading it for the past 2 hours. I love your writings, I love your messages and toughts. I love what you wrote about the Holy Quran “The true message, like all good poetry, is that which is felt but cannot be written; and it needs not scholarship but the faith and humility of the listener to get the message”.

May God keep you in good health, so that you can continue sending messages and thoughts because I only just found your blog.

Khairun Nisa

March 27,2008.
Dear Khairun,’

I was happy to know that you visited my Blog and was appreciative of what you discovered there. As you may have discovered also, I am not a professed Muslim. I was raised as a Christian from birth by Hindu parents and grew up in the Christian Church, in a village which was predominantly Afro-Guyanese. But eventually I separated from the church as I saw it as exclusive and divisive and I wanted to be involved in all mankind. However I still look to Hazrat Isa as my role model. I am at present living in the home of my son-in-law and daughter who are Muslims. There I learnt to read the Holy Qur’an in the Arabic script and have memorised some of the shorter Suras, including Al Fatiha. You may also have discovered that I am interested in Comparative Religion and Philosophy and have done studies in them.

I am glad to know that your son is accomplished in the recital of the Holy Qur’an. I only trust that he has not been brainwashed by the bigots who have misinterpreted Jihad and will want to throw away his young life, but as his name Hafiz connotes, protect it and use it for the protection of others. I am sorry that this illegal war which most people did not want is claiming the lives of thousands of innocent lives and have brought untold suffering to many. It is well that you have found a haven in Canada. I have some friends in Toronto with whom I keep in touch. Now that I know you, I trust that we too will become friends. Allah has made us all of the same clay, male and female, all the various ethnic groups and want us all to unite as one family. Only in Unity, not Division can there be Peace on Earth.

I thank you again for visiting my weblog and for your favourable comment. I am happy to know that I am providing food for thought to so many who choose to read my opinion on various topics. I sincerely welcome you and will be happy to hear from you again.

Salaam,

Randall.

Related: http://nissaa.blogspot.ca/2014/02/test.html

March 30, 2008 at 3:34 am

Dear Mr. Butisingh,

Thank you for this lovely reply and for sharing your religious background. I showed the reply to my son. He would like to know what motivated you to memorize a few surahs from the Quran.

May God keep you safe always.
Khairun Nisa

March 30, 2008
Dear Hhairun
Tell your son that I believe in the validity of, not only the people of the Book, but of other religions that are striving to reach God by their own paths. I believe there is the fine thread of truth woven into the fabric of every religion which only the discerning few can find. I have found that thread of truth in the religion of Islam by association, by reading the Qur’an and the Hadith. I like the beautiful cadence of the Suras and also the elegant caligraphy of the script. I make it a point to memorise inspirational passages, not only from the Qur’an, but from other holy writings.

Visit Randall Butisingh's Weblog


No comments:

Post a Comment