Pages

Oct 31, 2010

Parents Love of Education and Philosophy

By: Ellen Roseman  of the Toronto Star

How I honoured my parents’ love of education - thestar.com

"In my case, I was a liberal arts student who stumbled into a philosophy class and was entranced. After getting my BA, I left my home in Montreal to take a master’s degree in philosophy at the University of Toronto...

"Today, philosophy classes fill up quickly at the university’s three campuses. Students want to learn how to think logically and analyze clearly – skills that will help them in any career they choose.


“We’re more popular than ever,” Ainslie tells me. “Philosophy is the ideal preparation for almost anything in the contemporary world. You learn how to make a persuasive case for your position.”......










No comments:

Post a Comment