Pages

May 9, 2014

Sugar

Good article on the danger of sugar. Over the last few weeks, I watched my Dad helplessly with unbearable pain because of type 2 diabetes. Scientists are now discovering the real danger of sugar. I've seen people skipping 1 spoon of sugar in tea, but have no problem drinking a can of pop/soda. A can of pop has about 10 spoons of sugar. I started to educate myself and realise every process food have added sugar. It is so hard to find things without sugar or without chemicals like sweetener etc. I discovered that diet things with sweeteners are even worse for you. The ads will always promote the food with sugar, sugar means profit.

My husband and I were talking today about all the Natural food in Guyana. Coconut oil, fresh vegetables, fresh fish, fresh fruits. But still many people died in their 60s. Then he said, maybe its the sugar!

Alhamdulillah (praise to God) my Dad got some relief from the pain now. Just like that, lots of prayers.


http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/too-much-sweetness-all-sugars-arent-the-same/article18406886/?page=3

No comments:

Post a Comment